Thursday, July 10, 2014

Great Tips on Catching Summer Bass from Wired2Fish

I ran across this blog from Walker Smith on wired2fish.com and found some awesome information. I am in my zone when fishing shallows for summer bass so Smith had some helpful hints of bass behavior for this time of year. With all the rain we have gotten so far this summer, I was happy to learn that bass tend to go shallow in darker waters especially after a rain. I see lots of folks fishing deep in the summer and I have also fallen into the misconception that the bass go deep in the summer regardless. Most important to me for catching the big guys is looking for those few inches of water with some nice underwater grass and a steep drop into the deep. I see monsters coming up from the deep to get an afternoon snack on the bait fish that hang out there.

Smith has some great commentary with FLW Tour pro Wesley Strader. 
Strader said. “Once I find a flat near deep water, then I’ll start looking for isolated pieces of cover such as sticks, stumps, logs or even duck blinds. The more unaccompanied the cover is, the more likely bass will congregate on it. On a big flat with just a few pieces of cover, you’ll find them concentrated and easier to catch.”( http://www.wired2fish.com/5-tips-to-catch-more-shallow-summer-bass/ )  In my experience, this is one of the BEST ways to hook onto some heavy hitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment